Friday, June 20, 2008

The News

Here I am again.. on the bus, Friday at 4.06pm on the way to KL. This particular trip is going to be a down to KL for the Nuffnang Wild “Live” Blogging Party, to see my Bambi and to bring home my Banana.

This is my first time taking Aeroline, it’s actually not bad. I’m on a double decker thingy one. They served me my chicken rice on the bus as lunch although I was expecting Subway sandwiches coz that was what my dad got when he sat Aeroline. Had my coffee.

And here I am typing away, with uhmm.. one pillow behind my head, two by my side and another one on my lap to support my laptop. Each of us are suppose to have only one pillow but guess what, there’re only 4 passengers including me in this bus! Ahhhh..

Oooh.. it’s getting a tiny bit bumpy. Ok, so... reason I have to be back in Penang by this Sunday was kinda caused by the news I received yesterday, when I met up with the doctor after my MRI scan. I, Wong Wen-Qi, have a uhmm.. tumour on my leg, well.. more specifically, my calve.

So, come Sunday, I’ll be on an 8.30am bus back to Penang to see my doctor at 2pm, to prep me or something for the operation the next day. Sighh... At least the doctor says that the tumour is most likely benign. And.. shouldn’t spread.

Just that.. it has gotten so big. Well actually, the doctor told us (me and my mum) that it was 10cm-2cm-8cm big. But on the report it was in mm. So the doc was confused, coz he was looking at my MRI and said it can’t be mm coz it looked too big.

Ah well, the tumour is in my muscle, that’s why I have been having some pain on and off on my leg. He also said something about the nerve, I think the tumour grew in my nerve? I’m not sure... and he also used a term... neuro-thingymagic. Heh.. I forgot what it was. Said that what I have isn’t really common but also not very rare. Ish!

I think I was just.. kinda speechless when I heard the news. And then I became pissed that I have it. That I have a tumour. Me. Huh. Then.. I got sad. But I’m much much better now.

Just gonna take the fucking tumour out and hope there’re no complications. Excuse my French. And I believe that I can be excused, right? Haha. Operation takes an hour approximately. He says I should, SHOULD be able to walk in 3 days, but I gotta use crutches if it hurts too much. Sheesh! Oh well... I guess we’ll see. Hmm..

That’s why I remember that my calves were never this big.. as in.. like fat lah. Coz I did kinda notice that it has been getting bigger and fatter slowly. And that constant pain. Well, now I know why. It’s because I have a tumour which is slowly growing inside me. Feasting on my muscle, or something like that.

You know how I’m comforting myself now? By eating my fav Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!

And I also have a Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramello which is Milk Chocolate with Smooth Flowing Caramel. Yummyy!

But this can’t even compete with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups foreverrrrrrrr!

:)


10 Comments:

Blogger RealGunners said...

erm.. all the best? shd be an easy operation ba..

June 20, 2008 at 10:29 PM 
Blogger KY said...

Get well soon wwq!

I <3 Reese's peanut butter cups too!

June 20, 2008 at 10:35 PM 
Blogger §pinzer said...

see you camwhored!!

ok but jokes aside.

believe in yourself, and let the doctors do their work. I'm sure u'll pull out of this quick, cause you have a heart of a lioness wtf! i'm actually quite serious wtf wtf :D

June 20, 2008 at 10:35 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, i'm a silent reader of yours. I just went for an operation two months back for a cyst somewhere in my ovary la, but though it's not the same thing, i know it's scary.

God will protect you ya, do not fear. Sending you many starry blessings and prayers along your way. :)

June 21, 2008 at 9:41 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recover soon :)

June 21, 2008 at 12:57 PM 
Blogger Kimberly Low said...

wwq! you will be okay one. i <3 j00!

June 22, 2008 at 8:25 PM 
Blogger Rachying said...

WWQ! Hope for the best for you and get well soon! luv luv ms. bunny! =)

June 23, 2008 at 12:15 PM 
Blogger Simon Seow said...

You don't look like banana now. You look like Panda.

June 24, 2008 at 2:32 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wen Qi, i think my case oso same with you..but my tumour 1cm big when i note later turn to 2cm then 4cm in 3yrs but now recover back to 2cm recently where i change my life sytle and diet habit..and do some reshape treatment at Marie France.hahaha..hopefully, can fully recover without any operation.

Good luck to you...gal

June 24, 2008 at 1:31 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope u recovery soon...

July 11, 2008 at 5:06 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home