Monday, September 8, 2008

Belly Belly Unhealthy!!

Oooh, it's uhm, English assignment again today haha. Uhm, this one's gonna be a lil bit different I guess in a way. The topic was suppose to be the topic of our choice. And... stupid me just thought it can be just like any blog post that I've done in the past. Well duh, turns out that I was wrong.

What our teacher told us to do was to pick an article of our choice and uhm... I guess write about it. About what we think of it. Well, that day, the article that I chose, coz it was just right in front of me and that article is really like.. in your face kinda article. I shall show you why in a bit.

The title of my chosen article was Belly Unhealthy(haha). Uhmm... ok first lemme tell you a summary of the article.

I'm quite sure that as all of you know, females have menopause. But do you know that men.... also have something similar I guess in a way, and it's called andropause. It means low testosterone levels due to ageing and it gives rise to the development of more central fat or fat that accumulates around the waist. And well, I guess that's the pot belly then. Yes, pot belly might be associated with beer drinking and obesity but it's also a common indication of andropause.

According to some studies, apparently 30%-50% men aged 40-70 will experienve andropause. And check out the 4 symptoms!! Low libido(sex drive)*gasp*, weak erections*horror of horrors for the guys*, feeling constantly tired and developing a pot belly. Hehe. And! And! It's also possible for lesser9built men to develop pot belly!!

But the good news is that it is apparently very treatable. For andropause, that is. The guy can choose to either undergo testosterone injections or go on the pill. As for the pot belly..... don't be lazy ok guys? Just stay healthy through healthy eating and regular exercising.

Oooh ooh, and the article gave us 5 ways to fight the flab! I'm not gonna really elaborate on this coz it kinda speaks for itself. So you can lift weights, keep your metabolism steady, eat smaller dinners, eat more fibre and stay hydrated!

Ok, in case you want to see it, here you click it to enlarge it, I think.

Ok, so now I think I'm gonna talk about the issue? Or something. Like what I said in class that day. So ok, the question is that, do every man get it and is it genetic?

Uhmmmm... I'm actually not quite sure what I'm suppose to do here now.

Ok, I shall say now, that it is not genetic. Coz I think it depends on one's diet and lifestyle. Uhm... I said quite a bit already in class and I can't really seem to recall but if any of you have any other comments, please do comment hahahah. I know what I wrote probably just put you to sleep but if not I'd really appreciate it. Pleaseeeeee! Thank you!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can say that it's mostly due to laziness lor...
There is a serious amount of discipline needed to establish a regular exercise routine...
Eat healthy? We're in Malaysia... So you know la...

Hope this helps WQ!
Miss ya heaps!

September 8, 2008 at 10:12 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can say that it's mostly due to laziness lor...
There is a serious amount of discipline needed to establish a regular exercise routine...
Eat healthy? We're in Malaysia... So you know la...

Hope this helps WQ!
Miss ya heaps!

September 8, 2008 at 10:12 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

wow wenqi wong in the first picture you look like you are ogling the belly. I think it is only a matter of time before errr liposuction for guys is made glamorous and mainstream wtf.

September 8, 2008 at 10:16 PM 
Blogger KY said...

that's why they castrate the pigs so that there's not enough testosterone to prevent the pot bellies from forming. :D

and you love fat pork don't you? hehe

September 8, 2008 at 10:16 PM 
Blogger Simon Seow said...

Ah! It's not far now. Work out, work out, detox, detox.

September 9, 2008 at 3:01 PM 
Blogger Boss Stewie said...

I'M NOT FAT!!! I'M JUST BIG BONED!!!

September 9, 2008 at 9:36 PM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

matt: hahaha thanks

skyler: have u seen it in MTV?? it's damn disgusting lor!!

ky: yes i do ky, jom let's go eat!

simon: hahahahah dun lar say liddat

stewie: yes yes stewie u big boned only. REALLY. *big shiny eyes wtf

September 11, 2008 at 11:27 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home