Monday, February 18, 2008

I am sore :(

Yes. I am sore. My lips.. that is.

And not only that, I've proof to show you that I'm not lying.

See!! I wasn't lying. Okay, it's not exactly the most flattering picture but you get what I mean.

On how I got this.. is a whole different story. You see... I was playing with.. my precious.

Vincent Bach. Quite nice right the case. But damn heavy with the amount of stuff I put in there.

Ok reason I'm playing with him is coz I've an audition coming.. like.. very soon. In approximately uhh.. two weeks. Ahhhh OMG OMG!! It's two freaking weeks?!?! That's the only time I've left? OMG... shit. I never realized it was so soon. Will somebody please do me a favour and just kill me already??

Please??

Pretty please???
Ok my attempt was the puss in boots shiny eyes, and I found this picture of not bad looking Antonio Banderas who was the voice of Puss in Boots. But Puss in Boots isn't exactly doing the shiny eyes thingy.

So ok, I found another picture.. so there you go..

*big shiny eyes*


(after some 20 minutes later, when I'm all calm and cool)

Ok.. what I wanted to write was uhh.. how I practice trumpet here.

It's a tiny bit tricky since it's quite late at night, well ok.. around 9 something at night. And I don't want to wake the neighbours up and have them throw rotten eggs or tomatoes at me. Although I wonder how they can do that. What I do is this.

First and foremost, I have my trusty trumpet(ok, not always trusty coz sometimes it makes me sound like a duck which is not a nice feeling. But then again, I guess it's probably not its fault, it's mine coz my lip muscles aren't what they used to be if I stop playing for awhile).

And then... I have my mute(which is just a straight mute where we normally use for orchestra, I don't have the practice mute sighh).


Then... I have a... cloth. Haha. Yes.. A cloth. Of all things. A cloth, it's dirty a bit as you can see from the wiping and stuff but oh well.

Ok. What I do is.. (a trick that my tutor, Mr B. taught me)

Stick the mute into my trumpet and take the cloth to wrap around it. So.. it is a tiny more difficult to play and need more air to play and since I've small lungs, I'll get dizzy and stuff haha. But.. you gotta do what you gotta do.

So.. after I do all that, my precious looks like this.

HAHAHA... oh wait a min.. I don't think I'm suppose to laugh. So.. uhmm.. HMPH!!!

And up close and personal.

It looks like.. like.. like... uhmm.. the taliban thingy haha.

HAHAHAHAHA... Look at the comic. Like.. WTF?!? Why the guy likes to smell the other guy's fart?? HAHAHAHAHA...

Ok.. on second thought... my precious doesn't look one bit like that. I think it just looks like it has a cold and I'm keeping it warm by doing that. Just like having a scarf on a person to keep their necks warm.

Awww.. look what I found. I think I remember her as one of the many mice who helped Cinderella make her dress or something haha.

Ok.. wait a minute. Come to think of it, I think I'm just imagining things too much. I did what I had to do to be able to at least practice at night. And if that meant making my precious look a bit uhh.. silly and ugly.. so be it.

My precious won't be fussy. It's not like Stewie's camera, it's a she. And SHE WEARS A TUTU!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA... she wears a freaking tutu!! Ooooh.. that would not do any good to Stewie, coz he is a confident man. And I've confirmed with him. He says he's confident but not macho, but.. with his camera who wears a tutu? Would it be any harm to his confidence?? *Gasp*

But still... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

*kept laughing until I accidentally fell asleep*

12 Comments:

Blogger pinksterz said...

ooooh i know what a trumpet can do to the lips and the cheek >.<
that was why i turned to a percussion instrument :D

but how on earth you managed to imagine so much in this post LOL! cinderella mia tikus also got xD

i wonder whether working at nuffnang makes affect people into acting like this? haha jk jk!

p.s. btw i linked ur kiap fly post to a post of mine :)

February 19, 2008 at 7:58 AM 
Blogger KY said...

Aiyoh just go to padang kota or somewhere to practice lor

February 19, 2008 at 9:26 AM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

pinksterz: what can my trumpet do to my cheek?? how come i don't know wan??

ky: where is padang kota? aiya cannot go there anyway lahhh...

February 19, 2008 at 10:11 AM 
Blogger pinksterz said...

erm, it never hurts ur cheek kah after playing? feel like it got super stretched liddat (although i know that shudnt happen by playing a trumpet). i sked my cheek meletup >_< damn stupid i know.

February 19, 2008 at 10:48 AM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

pinksterz: mine wasn't on my cheek as much. it hurts more on my jaw.. like.. u;ve been tightening ur lip muscles there for a long time and it's just like.. dead a bit or something. ok.. i dun think i made any sense wtf.

February 19, 2008 at 11:39 AM 
Blogger Terence said...

OMG OMG I'm so excited dat the library got wifi until can die oredi dunno what to say here. anyway good luck with ur audition!! hope im not too late altho i've been away from civilization for some time now. lol. all the best!!

February 19, 2008 at 4:45 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess every it's the sacrifice us musicians have to make due to our love for music...
My fingers have been blistered a couple of times due to excessive plucking on my bass guitar...
So I understand your pain lor...

Hey, why not wrap a cloth around the mouth of the trumpet?
Hahahahahaha...

February 19, 2008 at 5:07 PM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

terence: thanks very much. i think i need all the luck i can get.

porcupine: yeah i can play bass or guitar wtf.. too painful for my fingers hahaha.

February 19, 2008 at 9:18 PM 
Blogger Geek @ Kedai.TV said...

You know what they say when you have a sore at the fulcrum...

February 20, 2008 at 12:03 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are all of you talking in music jargon!!! What is a mute!!

I only know the piano *trying very hard to fit in*

February 20, 2008 at 12:11 AM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

geek @ kedai.tv: hahaha... i had to go wikipedia to see what you were talking about. But fulcrum is for percussionists what..about their grip and stuff.

michelle: so cute ur comment wtf. i already explained it to u in msn haha.

February 20, 2008 at 9:48 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waa.. u have got a bach stradivarious!!! :) how much did u get that for?? how many years u have it?? i notice u are using mega tone as well... what size it that?? i'm planning on getting a bach mouthpiece 1 1/2c.. i'm playing in a symphonic band so i dun think megatone would help.
by the way.. i'm using a denis wick also!! :)

kiat.
relievingfrustration@blogspot.com

July 26, 2008 at 8:13 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home