Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The day I Burst into Tiny Bubbles

*pop*Today, I'm gonna talk about what happened on Sunday morning. Last Sunday morning, I had to wake myself up earlier than I would've liked coz we're suppose to have breakfast with Stewie's friend. Let's call this friend of his J. It was actually a bet that they made two years ago which Stewie won.

Well, I've actually met J before, once. And he already gave me not a very good impression coz he smokes. Well, actually anyone who smokes that I meet, I already minus points off of them. I know not all people who smoke are bad people, but still. I'm like that, and I don't know why.


That particular morning, I didn't know that we were meeting J. And when we reached his place, then only I knew we were meeting him. On the way there, I asked Stewie what this bet was about. He told me it was actually a bet they made when they were in London, to see if J could quit smoking. But.. well.. Stewie won. Because when we reached his place, J was there.. standing outside. Smoking away.

Anyone who knows me a lil bit would know that I can't can't can't can't can't can't can't can't stand the smoke. I would just curse and be angry and according to KY, my evil look will appear.

So I was already feeling uncomfortable. And J offered to drive us to the Bak Kut Teh that he claims is the best he has ever had. And he just smoked. And he's gonna go in the car. And the car's gonna smell like smoke. And I gotta be inside and breathe in ALL the smoke. Sighhhh.

I held it in. As much as I could. It was horrible. I thought I was going to die. :(

And then bla bla bla. After awhile, the smoke was gone coz it was all breathed in by me wtf. Then I felt much better. J knew my hatred for ciggies. And anyone who smokes will likely get a tiny lecture and questions of why they're smoking and all from me. I just needed to know what was the reason they smoke.

Lemme share with you what some of them have told me. Some thought it was cool. COOL?!? Seriously?? Some said stress. But you can't say that you're stressed so you picked up smoking. Wtf! Everyone will face stress in their life, and a lot of them don't smoke. So that's not a good excuse!
So.. fine.. as of right now, I'm already quite cooled down already. But I don't know why I was on such a short fuse that day. And I admit I was particularly hard on J that morning. Some switch in me just turned on.. and I kept on and on about how smoking is bad and stuff.

And you know what I'm still bewildered about? Oh.. and angry. Is that... whenever those smokers smoke right.. then.. they don't have an ashtray.. then.. they would just flick the ciggie butts onto the floor. Like.. it's nothing. And I'm pretty sure all those high up there people who smoke also does this. They just don't care. Idiots!

Not only do they stink up the whole place, they dirty up the place also!

Then.. it came a time when we were in the middle of eating, and this.. four guys.. probably mechanics.. all dirty and stuff.. came into the shop. And guess what.. they were smoking away like nobody's business. Although it was an open-aired shop lot, there's like.. a wooden blind thing.. and they were inside and so the smoke couldn't go out.. and it was flying to me.. to my food. I was pissed.

So.. ok then bla bla bla. I remember telling J that.. if he said he was a considerate smoker.. then he wouldn't have smoke in front of me. And I think like usual smokers.. after a meal, they gotta smoke no matter what. I knew he was trying not to.. but then... he suddenly stood up... went to the side and took out a ciggy. I was trying to keep a pissed face. But inside I was bursting out in giggles. He was putting his hand outside the blind, and blowing the smoke outside.. making sure it did not come to me.

Aiyahh.. then breakfast turn lunch hence brunch came to an end. Stewie went to the toilet to take a leak. And I apologized to J for being hard on him. I still do not know what happened to me that morning, something just ticked me off. I hate my nose.. I hate that it can sense ciggie smoke like.. so quick, even though far away. Sighhh...

Oh.. and what sucks the most is that.. in a way.. I know that Malaysia probably will never be a country free of smoke in PUBLIC PLACES.
Coz.. the people who can make that happen smokes. And even if they could. They would never. Big sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Stupid *insert sad crying sneezing emoticon*

11 Comments:

Blogger KY said...

i give u gas mask for ur bday, ok? :D

April 2, 2008 at 4:42 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

smoking makes people ugleh.

April 2, 2008 at 8:00 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw a guy pushing a baby pram smoking near my house the other day T_______T

April 2, 2008 at 10:40 PM 
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

what a small world..haha i am a fren of "J"..would you like him to read this?

April 3, 2008 at 1:57 PM 
Blogger Simon Seow said...

I'm very considerate one. Choose non-smoking section when going for meal with non-smoker.

April 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM 
Blogger pinkpau said...

hahahaha yaya i think u need a gas mask for ur bday!! :P

April 3, 2008 at 10:52 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

smoking causes infertility. To both men and women. That's a fact.

April 4, 2008 at 10:39 AM 
Blogger Wingz said...

next time i use nikotin patches when u is alound lorrr :P

April 4, 2008 at 1:38 PM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

Sorry ahhh.. replying comments so late lol

ky: yes please thanks very much!

sam: yes it does!

skyler: what an inconsiderate smoker and father!!! I wish there were superman everywhere!

joe: are we talking about the same J??

simon: gasp!!! I didn't know you smoked!!!! quit now!!!

pinkpau: yes.. but I wouldn't mind having a laptop or a camera of my own either!

anonymous: that's why everybody should quit smoking!

wingz: u smoke meh??

April 7, 2008 at 4:39 PM 
Blogger Mrs Chong said...

i hate smokers too..and I am very sensitive with smokes. I mean I can detect it very fast then I will turn my head here and there, trying to find the smoker.

and when I do, I make the muka masam and marah then I just change place. I hate hate hate hate smoker. And they smoke in closed up places too. Inconsiderate. They want to die, I dowan yet. I feel suffocated when someone is smoking near me. Like I cannot breathe. =S

April 9, 2008 at 3:02 PM 
Anonymous blog said...

Your content is excellent but with pics and videos,

June 17, 2021 at 5:00 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home