Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cupping Cupping Cupping!

Remember last I said I couldn't really walk properly? Well, two days ago, my mom brought me to see this.. uhh... chinese doctor (the one who does acupuncture and massages and stuff?) for my leg coz I was limping and stuff.

The doc is like.. quite an old lady already. And there's her helper or something also, which is well.. not so young also. When I reached there, and when both of them saw me limping ish, they were already laughing and teasing me, saying that I walk worse than an old lady!


Ok, so first when my mom talked to her, saying that she thinks I need acupuncture or something, the doc looked at my legs and asked some stuff.. then she said,"Noooooo, acupuncture cannot cure this, you need cupping!" (Apparently, I think Gwyneth Paltrow likes to do that)


I was like,"Wokeyyy...". Coz I was thinking as long as it gets me back to walking normal then it'll be fine. Ok... I knew it involved a cup... BUT... I never KNEW that they would need to poke me (using a poking thing with 7 needle-look-alike thing) at least 70 holes in a SMALL(5 cent coin) area for A CUP!

So.. this was how it went.
The doc asked me to lie down on her uhh... it looks like the massage chairs they have in spas I think.

Of course it didn't look like that lah... so nice wtf

So.. I did as she asked, face down.. then she took a measuring tape.. and measured my calves. Hahahahaha.. well according to her, my calves are very swollen and both of them are of different sizes. All of the sudden, she asked me," Eh.. you got drink Soya Bean ah?"

I was taken aback and asked why. She told me that I cannot/shouldn't drink Soya Bean coz it can cause further swelling and stuff, hence the limping. And you know what's so... funny in a way? That day before, I... ME.... purposely drove out in the afternoon to buy some Soya Bean to drink coz I was craving for it. -_-

And now I hear from the doc that I shouldn't be drinking it. Ishhh! Okok, back to how the thing went. Ok.. so... she uhh.. cleaned my legs.. and was there saying,"Aiyooo, your complexion so nice, seems so wrong to do this cupping."

And well, honestly, I didn't really bother about it, coz I didn't know what's coming. Plus, she's lying, they're not really nice coz I had this hit and run accident which cause scarring on my whole uhh.. calve.


So she cleaned my leg, swiped some cold stuff on it, then suddenly she asked me.. "Are u ready? It's gonna be a bit painful." I was like,"Huh?? What? Painful??" She said,"Yep." So I just nod my head.


SUDDENLY!!! I felt like... I dunno. I couldn't see what she was doing coz I've to face down, and I can't twist my body to look coz she needed me to stay STILL AND RELAX. Which I can't really. She was taking that poking thing and hitting on my skin for at least 10 times. And I was going OW OW OW OW OW OW OWW!!! After that.. she took a uhh.. warm cup I suppose, and put it against the holes, so that it can vacuum up my blood or something. And out came a lot of blood clots. Yes.. blood clots, I've like.. a lotttttt of blood clots in both my legs. Gooey icky blood. She even said that if those were in my brain or something, I'd be in a coma already.

And she did this(the poking part and the sucking part) for like.. at least 15 times. So... I went through the OW OW OW OW part for like 15 times I guess. It was NOT fun. At all.


So.. right now, I have approximately 1000 ish small holes on my legs. And uhh.. oh cup marks. No pictures! Use your imagination wtf.
It was... okayyyy I guess. She kept telling me that I've to exercise!!!!! Coz I don't so I'm like super stiff. I'm even more stiff than the doc herself. And she has WHITE HAIR already wan. :(

Sighh... At least, I can somewhat walk. Though wonky a bit. And SLOW.. like SUPER SLOW. But still.. better than a few days ago.

Oh.. and I told Kim about it, and well.. I don't think she trusts the chinese medicine thingy or something.. she forwarded me a link of deep vein thrombosis! And kept scaring me, saying later my legs fall off or something!!!!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol u just posted and i was reading ur blog ^^

April 17, 2008 at 2:38 PM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

anonymous: ohh haha.. so ur the first to see then!

April 17, 2008 at 2:47 PM 
Blogger KY said...

hahaha, your paint kungfu not bad!

hope you feel ok soon lo. :D

April 17, 2008 at 4:09 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Eh please your complexion really very nice! The scars quite little only

April 17, 2008 at 7:35 PM 
Blogger J-son said...

after so long u still have those scars?? anyway.. i wanna know how's the story in the end... I remember that u got report police rite?? Anyway.. Hope you get well soon..

April 17, 2008 at 9:15 PM 
Blogger Simon Seow said...

Chinese doctor is call sinseh. It is to released you blood clog, which block your blood circulation. In Chinese medicine, blocking of blood circulation meant problem in that area.

April 17, 2008 at 10:04 PM 
Blogger eyeris said...

how come your 'legs' look like tampons wan? ahahahaha

April 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM 
Blogger Kimberly Low said...

wwq...quick see a REAL doctor!

April 18, 2008 at 12:28 AM 
Blogger Chris said...

No soybean allowed?

It sounds like you got uric acid problem. Have u done your health check?

You might want to check it coz when your uric acid is high, lotsa food cannot eat. Anything from soybean, taugeh, kangkong, spinach, beef...

Should visit a lab for your health check.

April 18, 2008 at 2:31 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard i'm gonna see you tomorrow!

April 18, 2008 at 3:01 AM 
Blogger davienne said...

it worked for me! had backache then did 'cupping' at TCM doctor..

basically they burn in the hollow cup to suck the air out to create a vacuum when they place the cup on your leg..

the red parts reveal ur injured areas. the darker, the worse the injury!

April 18, 2008 at 5:12 AM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

ky: tenkiu tenkiu.. i think it could be better wan.. just that i was in a rush

skyler: but the scar there black black

j-son: ahhhh.. u know lahh.. the police didn't do a thing lah.

simon: yeah.. i know.. so.. my mom wanted me to go do again or something next week.

eyeris: NO TIME TO DRAW!!! hmph! and they so do not look like tampons ok

kim: mayb mayb haha

chris: uhh.. she just said that it causes swelling that's all :)

samantha: huh? how come i don't know this haha... but how am i gonna see u? i'm in penang!!!

huiwen: i got super dark one wor... :( ehh but i really dun like the poking. it is not fun

April 18, 2008 at 4:40 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do this treatment at Penang?

April 24, 2008 at 12:43 PM 
Blogger Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

my gosh woman!!! i was wondering what was with the cupping.. i tot it was like the thing you know people cup at the man's groin.. (from FRIENDS script ok.. not me!) is your leg better now?

April 26, 2008 at 3:32 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home