Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm legal!

So..... I'm legal now, well that's what everybody says. I turned 21 yesterday. And I guess usually, people have like great big parties when they turn 21, or uhmm the sweet 16 I think. But I think, or at least I'd like to think that I think of birthdays as well... just another day, it may be special or may not be. It's just another day. And uhmm.. you're also older. There's no need for like a huge celebration of birth or anything.

Anyways, I'm just gonna write about how my day was.

So my day began at around 11.20am, when I received a phone call from my mom telling me that I've to go fetch my sis from school. Hahahaha. So I dragged myself outta bed and then uhm.. went to fetch her.

Oh I almost forgot, the night before I had pessoc, so when I came home, Auntie Lynn and her family(our family friends) and well my family were waiting for me. With a cake that my mom and sis baked while I was gone. I remember vaguely during dinner time, I saw the cake tins on the dining table, and I asked my mom, "oh you baking a cake?"

She was like, "yeah." But the funny thing was it never ever crossed my mind that they were baking a cake for me hahahaha. Anyway thank you very much for the cake, it was uhmm.. butter pecan cake with apricot jam in the middle or in between or something like that. It was delicious! She said it was suppose to be walnut but apparently walnut is cheaper nut so it's not that nice... or something like that. So she changed it into pecan, which tasted really good. No kidding!

Anyways I don't have a picture of the cake they made for me. But what I do have... are pictures of the cake we made for my mom(I did the cutting my sis did the baking haha). Yes, my bday is on the 25th, and my mom's on the 26th. I guess they were definitely planning for me to come out on the 26th but I just can't wait and popped out. Oh and many things happened to the cake!

Lemme show you. Ok, first there was this...
Nice or not?! I cut wan.. the heart shape!! It was literally made out of love.

See! How smooth it is... glazed with uhm... homemade chocolate mint icing I think.
Then... when we found out we had to bring the cake out.. coz Auntie Lynn asked us for coffee and told us to bring the cake too. So we kinda panicked coz it wasn't pretty! So after 10 minutes it came out looking like this(which btw both of us think it looked worse!).
And then, when we were at Starbucks, there were some hoo haa.. and in the end, the cake looked like this! Hahahahahaha....
But all was good, it was still edible and nice. Haha. Oh so anyway, this was today. Yesterday what I did was.. uhmm, ok lemme think back.

Woke up, fetched my sis. Came back and had lunch which was japanese food that my mom brought back. Then I spent my afternoon watching OTH. OH!!! I almost forgot. My sis baked cookies and I helped. Uhmm.. okay. They were cookies made without flour and they're suppose to be healthy.

Allow me to illustrate, with pictures included.

First there was the batter which consisted of uhmm lots of things. Oats, oats, all sorts of nuts, a lil tad too much of raisins(according to my parents who ate it) and uhmm.. oats. Oh! And peanut butter. I know... it doesn't exactly look very appetizing here.
Then after mixing it all up together... we uhh start to make the cookies? I made heart shapes again(I don't know what's up with me and hearts these days) and my sis made good old traditional round ish shapes.
Uhm.. next put it into the oven. While putting it in, my sis will be shouting away, "Pigmentation! Pigmentation!!!" Then will come ask me, "Would you like to have some pigmentation??" Hahaha.
Then the our home will smell like freshly baked cookies and we will also smell like cookies. Which I guess can be a good thing or a bad thing. Depends on people.

When the cookies are done, bring them out and they'll look so yummy. Although... I don't think I know how to eat 'em. As in, I like crunchy cookies, not so much chewy cookies. These are chewy.
Thus ends the cookie part.

So, after making the cookies, I continued watching OTH, hahahaha... sad I know. But it was good! Then everyone came back and we got ready to go for dinner. We went to The Sire, apparently a fine dining place which my dad treated us for dinner. Thanks you, father.

Which was honestly... the food was just okay. It wasn't great. It was just okay. Although sometimes, pictures lie.

My mom had lamb shank. And it didn't really look good. It tasted ok, I think. She didn't quite like it. The vege thingy on the side, which all of us got except my sis coz she ordered pasta, wasn't good at all. And it did look kinda dull-ish. Didn't really taste good.

And this is my sis's pasta. I forgotten what pasta it was. She didn't finish it as she had her tomato soup earlier, and that was not bad.
Oh, wait I just remembered. She had cabonara.

Ok, I... on the other hand, and my dad also. Had tenderloin. Which was quite nice at the beginning. I had mine medium so it was quite juicy.
And my sister who doesn't really take beef, or doesn't want to coz she wants to follow my mom, had a bite of my beef.

All of a sudden, she gasped really loud and went,"OMG!!!! I think I love beef!!!!"

Hahahahahahahahahaha...

Well.. it did looked good and tasted good. So... haha.

And that ends my birthday. Oh.. wait, I think after that we went home and I continued watching OTH. And I finished the season. Oh and when the clock striked 12am(technically the time on my phone), I went downstairs to get the pig and went to my mom's room and lay it on her bedside table. Wanted to wish her a happy birthday but she was asleep already. Well, anyways.. happy birthday again, mother. I hope you had a good one.

:)

13 Comments:

Blogger pinkpau said...

"Nice or not?! I cut wan.. the heart shape!! It was literally made out of love. "

HAHAHAHA
wwq why u so cute

November 27, 2008 at 12:52 AM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

correct what limsuann! it was literally made outta love!!

November 27, 2008 at 1:21 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice cookies... you must be love strucked!! so who is the lucky guy? not to forget, happy belated birthday..

anyway, thanks for explaining pessoc, i use to live in penang and didnt know there is such a society in penang. i heard one of your performance on you tube and you are pretty good with the trumpet if my eyes is not playing tricks on me.

please share some pessoc schedules here, i might attend a few to check out the local music scene if my vacation schedule permits.

November 27, 2008 at 5:44 AM 
Blogger eyeris said...

you mean before this you were ILLEGAL? hehe. hapi birdday btw. :D

November 27, 2008 at 9:14 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didnt know ur only 21...i tot u were 26. omg..stop uhmm n uhmmm when u type...so irritating n ur english sucks. tim just left her for a better gal la dats y she is alone now

November 27, 2008 at 10:05 AM 
Blogger KY said...

Anonymous pls shut up

WWQ happy burpday! :D

November 27, 2008 at 10:53 AM 
Blogger Wen-Qi said...

crash: hahaha thank you :) well pessoc usually have practices on mondays in dewan sri pinang. if you really are going, you can just ask the guards where the orchestra practices are.

anonymous: what ky said.

ky: thank youuu!

November 27, 2008 at 6:07 PM 
Blogger Kimberly Low said...

some people think by hiding behind anonymity that karma will not get them for all the mean things they've said. good luck, deadmeat!

well wwq, happy belated birthday! pwoahh love the hair! i <3 you

November 27, 2008 at 10:09 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mondays? ok. cool. but one technicality? what time are the practice? hahaha...

anonymous - are you sour or childish? geez. grow up and move on.

November 28, 2008 at 1:07 PM 
Blogger Suet Li said...

HELLO I AM HERE.
YOUR NEW LAYOUT DAMN NICE AND CUTE
AND THE CAKE DAMN NICE I WANT
AND THE COOKIES!!!!!!!
OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

December 1, 2008 at 2:19 PM 
Blogger Simon Seow said...

who the freak is this bloody anonymous. bloody coward.

oh, Happy Belated Birthday Wenqi. Now can go Genting to gamble liao lol.

December 9, 2008 at 7:43 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eee... I want to try that Cabonara !!

Oh btw.. love your new template :)

December 9, 2008 at 10:59 AM 
Blogger Geli Tifa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Din noe u are a Saggi too... Would most probably remember from now on.

Love the new template but the Chatbox seems a bit low... Still love it though...

December 22, 2008 at 3:11 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home